Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Who's Visiting Today?

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Live Nativity 2011


On Saturday we headed to the Birdsboro Chuch of the Nazarene where I had seen a live nativity advertised.  We had an amazing time! 

Outside they had lots of animals including goats, sheep, a donkey, a llama, chickens and a dove.  There was a live band playing Christmas music, a Santa, and a children's barrel ride.  Maeve cried on the whole barrel ride after begging to get on!

Outside there was also an inkeeper running around talking about not having space in the inn.e






When we went inside there was a room with tons of cookies and hot chocolate and a craft.  After a snack  we headed into the sanctuary to see the live nativity.  I was sooo impressed!  They had a Mary and Joseph and a real baby.  There were shepherds with real sheep, wise men, and more chickens and doves ---- in the sanctuary!!!!  It was dark and reflective and all the while a video of the Nativity movie was playing with quotes about Jesus birth.  Because for as long as I can remember I have been working during Christmas, I felt like I was hearing the birth story all over again..I loved it.  After we sat for a while we decided to leave and Noah begged to stay... so sweet.

We took another look at the animals and then headed out.  Each child got several books, silly bands with nativity figures, and crayons.  I was very impressed!

We then drove around looking at the lights and enjoying all of the decorations.  It was a great Christmas evening!!!!!

0 comments: