Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Who's Visiting Today?

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Sesame Street Live

One of our good friends offered us an amazing deal to see Sesame Street Live. I think tickets were $10 or $11 each which is a steal! Noah was never really into Sesame Street but Maeve likes Elmo so we thought we'd give it a try for that price.



It was a very weird juxtaposition for me to be there on Good Friday morning as I have spent the past 10 years being mournful at that time. I felt a little guilty and a little odd. When the characters came on, I watched my children's eyes grow wide with wonder and I started to cry. I was so happy for their joy and so happy that they had such a great opportunity. I remembered that God created us for joy and not for sadness and I was able to relax and enjoy it a little bit more.




Maeve was not able to sit still very long but she did well for most of the show. Noah was mesmerized. He got worried every time someone left the stage and he hung on every word. I loved watching him imagine along with the show.