Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Who's Visiting Today?

Thursday, April 1, 2010

God!

It's been a pretty rough week around here. I burned my right hand on a pot. I burned my left finger on a project. I had a crown put on my emergency root canal and two broken fillings repaired. Maeve cut a tooth which has caused her to struggle with daytime naps. And, to top it off, my knee has not been doing well. I'm not quite sure what is wrong, but I feel pretty unsteady and scared. Things that were easy are suddenly hard again. I'm headed to the doctor next week.

But tonight, after dinner, Noah asked if he could go outside. He didn't have shoes on, so I told him he could only go on the porch. He ran outside and started yelling to the sky. We got part of it on camera, because we were so stunned. The original went something like this:


Noah:
God? God are you up in the sky?
God, my mommy has a boo boo on her knee and it hurts again. Can you fix it? Please?
God, please help my mommy.
It's me, Noah.
Thanks a lot,
Love you! Bye Bye!

I started to sob immediately. This child is such a gift from God.



3 comments:

Amy

Well I didn't expect that. I came on to check if you had an update on your knee tonight. I totally would have started sobbing as well. When I'm having a rough day the simplest thing Cora could say or do can start me crying. Noah is such a blessing though to even think of doing this is just so special!

Amma and Afi

Thanks Noah! (and Stephanie and Paul for sharing) -- that really made a good day better! -- Afi and Amma

Tammy Harms

Awwwww! What a precious boy! I'm so sorry about Maeve! I can't imagine how scary that must have been!!!