Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Who's Visiting Today?

Saturday, June 27, 2009

Home Sweet Home


Today was our second day home and everything is going lovely.

We were discharged yesterday afternoon and we were sooo anxious to just be under one roof. Maeve slept until about 4 and then she sort of went a little nutso. She was so overwhelmed, I think, by all of the noises and lights and things around her and she just couldn't settle. It was sort of a comical night, something out of Malcolm in the Middle. We put Maeve down to sleep and then went to work on Noah. He wanted the rocker in her room. She started crying and so Paul went in to get her. I had to go to the bathroom and Noah went in with Paul. They literally went back and forth like this for about a half hour which seemed much longer than it was. Finally everyone calmed down and then of course the dog started barking!!!!

The doctor told me not to let her sleep more than 5 hours because she lost so much weight in the NICU. She needs to be eating and gaining. So, she went to sleep at 10 and I had to go in and wake her up at 3:30... pretty cool. She went right back down and slept until 7 this morning. I am definitely not getting my hopes up for that scenario every night but it was certainly a welcome first night home. All day today she has put herself on a very very routine 3 hour eating schedule and just sleeps the whole time in between. She hasn't made a peep all day.

Everything is going wonderfully. We really appreciate all of the wonderful phone calls and visits and food and gifts. We feel sooo blessed and loved!

Our recent pictures are now up on flickr -- click on recent photos.

3 comments:

Amma and Afi

The picture of Noah and Maeve as the heading for Paisley and Argyle is absolutely precious. You are all so blessed and we feel it too! Afi og Amma

Jenn

Hey Steph, I really wanted to check out the rest of the pictures. How do I get to see them on flickr? I can't wait to meet the kids in August and to see your home!

Belinda

You look so beautiful and happy Steph! I'm way behind on blogs.. about five weeks behind.. boy I have a lot of catching up to do.
Hugs to you and congrats again.