Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Who's Visiting Today?

Monday, October 3, 2011

Everday, October 2011

Today was an ordinary day but there were just some moments I want to remember.

Paul is away for work so we are flying solo and actually having a blast!

Today on the way home from school we were sitting in the car and Noah kept saying Hula Hula which he said is a line from Barney.  Everything I would ask him he would answer Hula Hula.  We were all laughing and Maeve chimed in with her new line "No, Jose" which is her understanding of "No way, Jose"!!!!  So, Noah is saying Hula Hula and Maeve is saying No, Jose over and over and I saw a giant cloud coming down from the sky (it actually ended up being Limerick power plant in the distance) and I said, Hey it's a tornado!!!  Maeve yells "A TOMATO!!!" and Noah says Hula Hula to which I say No, Jose.  We kept going between these three and laughing hysterically.  Noah also threw in Maeve's other favorite right now "libirdy" which is Maeve's version of library. 

When we got home we ran around outside until dinner.  After dinner the kids played like crazy, as if they were long lost best friends, for a full hour.  I just sat and smiled at their silly games and shenanigans.  When it was finally bedtime we ran upstairs and I got their toothbrushes ready for them.  I walked out of the bathroom and they shut the door and locked me out!!!  They were having fun brushing teeth with out me!  I just smiled and enjoyed the moment.

I put the kids to sleep and Maeve wasn't quite ready.  I went in to calm her and she asked me to pick her up.  As I held her she said "Mommy, I mad with you." I was stunned by her ability to say what she was thinking! I asked her if she wanted another song and she said yes and then she said "All better, night night, I love you!"

After they asked for a million extra forks and cups of water at dinner, Noah asked me if it was hard work being a mommy.  I said that it was and I just wanted to sit through my meal, but that it was also wonderful. 

I love my little monsters!!