Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Who's Visiting Today?

Monday, August 29, 2011

Noah - 1st day of Kindergarten

We were without power due to Hurricane Irene, so I couldn't make my special guy a great breakfast!  Noah's school was in session, unlike many of our neighbors, which I was glad for.  We got up and got dressed and headed out early this morning.  We drove to a restaurant and got a huge plate of fruit and chocolate chip pancakes.  Noah and Maeve were wonderful and all smiles through breakfast.  We drove down to where the school is and waited for our 12:30 PM kindergarten time slot.  When we got out of the car all of the families were lined up.  Noah was SO excited, he ran right up to the teacher, gave her a hug and ran inside.  He never said goodbye! No hug or kiss for this emotional momma! I was so sad, but glad he was so excited.

When I talked to his teacher later she said he was an "angel" and she couldn't wait to spend the year with him.  He shared tons of details about an awesome book they read, the snack they had, and all of the new friends he met.  I am very happy for him even if I am sad that he is no longer my baby!!!









2 sidenotes:

1.  He has a big scab above his lip from a fall off of his bike.  He looks a bit like Mussolini.
2.  I DID get his hair cut the week before school.  The lady cut virtually nothing off! Guess we need to go back again!