Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Who's Visiting Today?

Friday, October 15, 2010

The most compassionate child

So, I sit teary eyed once again.  I just watched Noah drive away on a play date to Chuck E Cheese.  He's been there before, so it's not a huge deal.

But, earlier this year our preschool had an ice cream social.  A mom came up to me in tears herself and asked if I was Noah's mom.  I said yes and she hugged me and thanked me.  Her son is autistic and requires an aide with him everywhere he goes.  He is 5.  He had been talking about Noah since the school year started and his mom thought Noah was an imaginary person because James has never before made a friend or talked about another person.  When she realized at the ice cream social that Noah was a real child and James had made his first friend she was stunned.  She didn't think he would have friends.  Noah ran up to him and asked him to go look at the books together.  They sprinted off like boys do. 

She came up to me later at the church and asked if she could take the boys on a playdate.  James' first playdate ever.  She chose Chuck E Cheese because it was public so that if James had a problem or an outburst Noah would still have something to do.  

I asked Noah's teacher what they were like in class and she said that Noah is always including him and making sure he has a turn or going to play with him when he is alone.  She said most kids are afraid of him or are so self driven (which is normal for 4 year olds) but Noah is always looking out for others.  I was so happy to hear this about my little guy. 

So, they just drove off and I know it will be great.  I hope and pray we can continue to foster this compassion and love for his whole life. 

4 comments:

amy

beautiful!

Anonymous

Noah's incredible. Your love for him comes through so beautifully in these posts. He's so wonderful because he's so loved. <3

Amma and Afi

We always feel so blessed to read about our Noah and we love him so dearly. What a guy! What great parents!

tom tiff mason and norah

this post made me cry. great job mom and dad! you must be so proud of your sweet, special son.