Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Who's Visiting Today?

Monday, February 1, 2010

Reasons to be Happy

It's a new month.  I love new beginnings and fresh starts.

In my skewed way of counting, there is one month until spring.

By the end of this month I will be walking!!!

By the end of this month, I bet Maeve will be crawling.

Both of my kids are in wonderful stages and that makes mommy happy.

I have decided for the month of February I will not complain (this is a goal, but maybe not a reality).

I'm growing my hair out.  That will make me feel younger (right?)

I found a new hairdresser who will come to my house and do a pedi and haircut for $15 each.

Though Noah is/was a wonderful napper, his long naps in the afternoon would prolong bedtime by hours and hours.  Not so bad, except that we had to go up and beg him to stop singing, playing, jumping, running, quite often.  On a whim last Friday we decided to see how he did without a nap.  He was a little loony, but we put him to bed at 6:45 and he slept til the next morning.  We have done this every day since.  And every day both kids are in bed by 7 and we get to enjoy a very long relaxing evening together with no struggles.  He goes into a coma around 2pm and will just wander off into the playroom and get lost in his animals (which is where he is now) for hours and hours.  We pull him back out at around 5 for dinner.

Noah is showing a huge interest in reading right now.  It is soooo cool!  He wants to spell every word he sees, he wants to write every word he knows.  He is not quite ready for it all developmentally, but he WANTS to do it. Sometimes when I try to stop doing ABC/word work he gets so upset and wants to keep trying.  I hope to make it a positive experience for him.  On Sunday we sat in the kitchen and separated all of the items we could find that started with A, B, and C into respective piles.  He did soo well.  I loved to read and still do and it would make me so happy to be able to pass that love onto him. 

We got a new washer and dryer and the dryer actually DRIES our clothes.  What a novel idea. 

That's all for now.  I'm just happy.  I hope you are too.

2 comments:

Amma and Afi

"I'm growing my hair out." I had to explain to Amma what this PA Dutch version of English means and we laughed. Love, Afi

Amy F.

So I connected a lot with this post...1.You do have a skewed way of counting and always have :)
2. Go for it with those naps! We are still struggling getting down to one a day without too much crankiness by the end of the day.
3. Yeah Noah reader! Your first grade teacher will LOVE you!
4. I totally agree about the new dryer actually drying! It is so exciting!

Love and miss you,
Amy