Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Who's Visiting Today?

Friday, January 29, 2010

Kneeds to Play

When I tore my ACL the first and second times in High School, a local paper did a front page special on my story when I returned to the basketball court titled Kneeds To Play.  Corny, huh?

Well, I saw the doctor today and when I asked if I could go back to the gym yet and he laughed at me.  4 months until the graft is secure to the bone.  I can run, hop, and skip in 3 more months.

But for now, I have clearance to walk, as soon as I am able.  I am still very crutch dependent and do not feel strong enough to stand, let alone walk.  In the next week or two I am supposed to walk with as much weight as I can on my left leg to bring it back up to speed.  As soon as I feel comfortable, I am allowed to walk!!!  I'm hoping that happens in a week. 

It feels almost unbelievable to think that I'll walk again soon but I'm excited to do it!  Except this time, I KNEED to play with my kiddos.... park and pool days are right around the corner!!!

Thanks for your prayers!

0 comments: