Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Who's Visiting Today?

Friday, January 1, 2010

Knee Drama, Continued

Thursday I had my follow up appointment with the doctor. He said that I had two meniscal tears. One was clean and easy to be stitched and repaired. The other was rougher and he had to trim it off. He repaired the ACL with a cadaver and inserted bio-absorbable screws into my knees. He also drilled the old screws out of my bones.

Overall I feel that my recovery has been very very good. I don't reel a lot of pain, I have good range of motion and I don't feel bad at all. I stopped the pain meds 2 days after I got home and I've been fine. I need to take aspirin for blood clots and I simply cannot do it. I even tried the coated kind and it just rips my stomach apart.

As I waited in the office for a good report, the doc (who is worthy of soap opera dreaminess) told me that their was fluid building on my knee and it had to be drained. I was less than thrilled and remnants of a grumpy, pouty 10 year old girl emerged. I even asked for a lollipop.

I was sent home with a new brace that could be locked open or locked straight, pictures of the surgery, and another hole in my leg where they drained fluid. In addition, I was told I should stay off of it for another 4 weeks. I am allowed to start some basic PT and start to touch it to the ground. The PT instructions say no running for 4-6 months.

Last night I sat upright on the couch with my leg in the brace at 90 degrees. We had friends over so I wanted to look sort of normal. At the end of the night when I put on pajamas, my foot was HUGE and swollen with fluid. After not having it elevated for a few hours, I was really suffering. This reinforced the fact that remaining on the couch is in my best interest.

Stay tuned for the next segment in the current drama!!!!

2 comments:

The Declassified Adoptee

Ouch! :-(

There are herbs that can go in teas and such that have natural blood-thinning properties that might substitute the aspirin. Which ones they are completely escape my memory at this point though.

What better entertainment when hanging out on the couch than to follow my new blog <3 http://belovedandworthy.blogspot.com

Bumble's Bounce

My dear. Call me if you need me:)