Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Who's Visiting Today?

Friday, September 5, 2008

Icelandic Thoughts

Ok, are you sick of Iceland yet?

I was putting some things away today and I thought about a few things I noticed about our trip:

1. Everyone there eats lots of black licorice in all forms which makes me love the country more than most. YUM! Chocolate covered black licorice!
2. They have the BEST yogurt I have ever had and it is called skir. It has 98 calories, no fat, and is 3X the size of our yogurts.
3. The swimming culture was great. There were AWESOME pools everywhere and they all had water-slides and hot tubs. They all had geothermal heat and are open year round. Wonderful!
4. I was reading about Iceland before I left and one thing I found to be so true was that the terrain is so rough... volcanic and yet sooooo beautiful and this comes out so clearly in the culture. People are rough and beautiful, the art is is the same, the whole culture mimics the landscape. Interesting thought.


That's all. We give our best thanks and gratitude to Len and Sandra for going above and beyond in all things to make this a wonderful trip. They really couldn't have been better hosts and we are so thankful!!!!!!

0 comments: