Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Who's Visiting Today?

Sunday, August 3, 2008

White Clay Creek


The weather here today was amazing. It was sunny and breezy and not so humid. We are always tired after church and we laid around watching Winnie the Pooh for a while. Noah took his nap and we realized we HAD to do something to enjoy the weather. We rallied and took Noah and Sophie to the local state park and went on our first family hike! It was really wonderful. Noah was such a trooper. At first he wanted to be held but we wouldn't do it and he managed to trot along behind us. We didn't hike very far, but it was far for him. We finally went off trail down to the creek and Sophie jumped right in. Noah was thrilled at the sight of rocks AND water in the same place (both of which he is obsessed with). He and Paul spent time throwing rocks in the creek and then we went for a nice long creek walk.



We had dinner on the banks and Noah was thrilled to pick up the biggest rocks he could and dump them in the water to get the best splashes. I was giddy at the sheer joy of the afternoon... it was really perfect.


Of course I had my camera with me and when I looked up the creek at the tree line, the way the sun was shining it looked to me like a cross, reaffirming the incredible peace I felt with all that God has provided.

If only every day could be so great!