Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Who's Visiting Today?

Monday, July 14, 2008

Momma's Night Out

Thursday night was our "new board welcome dinner" for Moms Club. It's such a weird interaction for me because I am not a stay at home mom. Some of the other moms work part time, but I think I am the only full time mom. But although there are sometimes some unintentional comments about moms who "let their kids in daycare" it is all in all a wonderful relationship. We searched for so long to have some friends in our town. We met one couple with "potential" and they moved shortly thereafter (because of us? hmmmm...). I would go to the Y and walk through town and see tons of other mothers but never get to know them. Finally at a halloween party at our neighbor's house we met the president of the mom's club and she completely drew me in to the group. I have met some amazing friends -- ones that I hope to keep for quite some time.

So when this year's elections came around for officers, I decided to be the secretary. Because I needed another thing to do.. haa haa. No, I really wanted to help out however I could to thank some women and an organization that helped me through so many things.

Our dinner Thursday was at a nice, local restaurant and we sat and talked from 6:30 until the restaurant closed.... well after 10:00. I walked away just knowing that God answered all of my prayers for new friends.

0 comments: