Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Who's Visiting Today?

Thursday, June 11, 2009

35 Weeks

And the countdown (and the drama) continues.  

Last Saturday I was hanging out on the lovely couch when I started to feel my first contractions pretty much ever.   I casually watched the clock.  They kept coming and coming and coming, every 5 minutes for over an hour.  I didn't tell anyone.  Finally I told Paul a little while later and he convinced me to call our friend to come over and watch Noah (who was in bed) so we could go to the hospital.  I had instructions to go in if I had more than 4 in an hour, but they weren't painful so I was blowing it off.  We drove there and I knew it wasn't labor, but they hooked me up anyway and sure enough, every 5 minutes the entire time we were there.  I wasn't dilating anymore and I was completely fine.   After watching us for 2 hours we were sent home with instructions to come back if they were every 4 minutes and/or painful.  Seriously....

So, they have been on and off ever since, but no big deal.

Today was my 35 week appointment.  I was very sick and nauseous this morning and vomited quite a bit.  Turns out I have acquired reflux through the end of this pregnancy, lovely!  So, now I am on meds for that.  The doctor checked me and I am now 3cm dilated and 75% effaced.  I am considered "near term" and no longer "pre-term."  The baby is out of danger and would likely not have complications if she was born now.   I will not be considered full term for another two weeks.  My bedrest has been modified so that I am allowed to do more and be outside and walking around.  I am not allowed to exercise, go for walks, clean, or do anything strenuous. Next week at 36 weeks all restrictions will be lifted.  I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, there's you're update!!!  I am getting so excited to meet my baby girl soon!!!!

2 comments:

Amy F.

Come on Maeve...why don't you just come on out so Mommy can meet you and she doesn't have to deal with the yuckiness of pregnancy left!

Mackie

i definately understand the acid refulx but maybe since you have it she wont! good luck, it wont be much longer now!