Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Who's Visiting Today?

Saturday, March 26, 2011

A day with Hopper



Noah's preschool has two take home projects going on right now. One is A day with Hopper. Each child gets one day with a frog named Hopper. The child also gets to bring home a book that was made by the students. The task is to have the child read the book to the frog several times in 24 hours. It is really neat to see Noah reading to Hopper.

Noah has an overactive imagination to begin with so he was beside himself with the thought of having the frog. He had to have it with him the whole time. At dinner time he wanted Hopper to sit at the table with us so we put a plate out and a cup with water. Hopper had fish sticks, green beans and blueberries, just like Noah and Maeve. Noah had to run to the bathroom and I was hungry so I grabbed the blueberries and ate them. When he came back he FLIPPED about Hopper eating the blueberries. I almost couldn't contain my laughter. I snagged the green beans when he wasn't looking. Hopper only had a fish stick left and Noah desperately wanted him to eat it so Hopper could get dessert. I was able to snag half of the fish stick but left half. Noah tried to coach Hopper into finishing his dinner but no matter what he did he couldn't convince him.

We did a similar scenario at breakfast, except this time Hopper had Kix and Strawberries. Noah was so much fun to watch.

When it was time to go back to school, Noah insisted that Hopper was buckled tightly with him. Fun Project!!

3 comments:

Amy F.

Cora does this sort of thing with her babies and it isn't even a school assignment...oh my! I do agree it is very entertaining what they try and get their babies/frogs to do and say!

Tammy Harms

That is so cute... I love it!

amy

I can't get over how old Noah looks here! Such a handsome little man!