Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Who's Visiting Today?

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Back to the New Grind

It's been 8 weeks since surgery.  It's so hard to believe it has been that long already!  I am so grateful to be mobile again.  I certainly still have a limp, but it is improving every day.  I am going to therapy twice a week and I am allowed to ride the exercise bike.  Still no running, jumping or lateral movement until April/May.  It's hard because for 6 weeks I was so restricted and now all of the sudden the therapists want me to do tons of stuff so quickly and it is a little overwhelming, but I'm getting there little by little!!!

Having so much time to think has been really good for me.  I have really enjoyed knowing I have such an amazing community.  I have loved seeing Noah become more self sufficient and independent.  I have been able to claim more of my decisions and know that in some small sense I have big choices to make about my own happiness... and sometimes that is as easy as declaring -- I will be happy!!!  It is so easy to get caught in the pity me trap and get bogged down in the circumstances, but I learned over and over again in the past 3 months that God always gives us things to celebrate and moments that are filled with joy. 

I am struggling with the after effects of almost a year of sedentary life.  I was on bedrest from May through the end of June, then I had a newborn and then I had about 2-3 good months before I fell.  So, whatever muscle tone I kept from pre-bedrest is completely and totally gone.  I haven't gained weight, but the areas of my body that were active and healthy have deteroirated into the life of a couch potato.  So, again I face the uphill battle of getting back in shape!!!  And my therapists stand on the sidelines yelling simultaneously -- hurry up and slow down!

So, I am back to the new grind.  Back to work, fully.  Back to parenting, fully.  Back to various activities and hobbies and routines.  Many of the things I have always done, but now I just hope to do them a little more cheerfully and peacefully!  Thanks again for your love and care!!!!

1 comments:

Katie

I am so happy to hear this! Just remember that it will take time to heal but in the long run, that time that seems to be taking FOREVER will just be a small part of your amazing lifetime of being active. You will be back in NO time...I know you and that determination of yours. For now, enjoy your new freedom (being up and about) and take it slow. :) HUGS.