Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Who's Visiting Today?

Friday, September 19, 2008

Favorite Foto Friday (#7)



Ok, this pic keeps coming up blurry. Anyway, this is a carnival outside a hotel I was staying at in Spain. I had to take a picture because it was the weirdest thing!!! There was a HUGE American flag hanging on some sort of construction vehicle nearby and then there were typical carnvial games. This one is small children shooting rifles at miniature shot bottles full of alcohol!!! It was so surreal.

I suppose it is also a reminder of how secure other countries are. This sort of game would raise all sorts of issues in the states and children who had problems later in life would blame games such as this. I wonder what the difference is? Maybe it's that 3 hour siesta in Spain. Maybe I should adopt that practice.....

1 comments:

Anonymous

I definitely remember the carnival and seeing the stands...but I forgot how weird it all was. Didn't we get waffles with ice cream or something that night after really bad paella? And the paella was supposed to be the best because it was in Valencia! Ha!